Another Tasty Recipe From
Simply Perfect Spelt Chocolate Chip Cookies
Posted On December 13, 2017
Baking the perfect batch of spelt chocolate chip cookies, was a tough job, but someone had to do it, right? The recipe below features simple and straightforward ingredients.
Baking the perfect batch of spelt chocolate chip cookies, was a tough job, but someone had to do it, right? The recipe below features simple and straightforward ingredients. I found that the little choices when combining simple ingredients makes all the difference in the world when trying to bake the perfect batch. Those little choices are things like baking cookies on parchment paper rather than a greased cookie sheet or using cooled melted butter instead of room temperature butter. Follow the little steps in the recipe below and I think you will enjoy this classic chewy chocolate chip cookie. Also recommended, a cold glass of milk!
|Unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
|Light brown sugar
|Large egg yolk
|1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, with racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together spelt flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In your stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the melted butter and brown sugar on medium speed until it combines into a caramel colored syrup. (1 to 2 minutes) Beat in vanilla, egg, and yolk until combined. (about 30 seconds) Scrape down bowl and beater as needed.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients until just smooth. (about 30 seconds) Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small scoop, portion out 12 cookie dough balls onto each baking sheet. Space dough balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the edges are golden but the centers are still soft and puffy. (about 10 to 12 minutes) Rotate and swap the baking sheets halfway through baking.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then serve warm or transfer parchment paper and cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.