Another Tasty Recipe From
Cranberry Apple Crisp
Posted On November 7, 2019
|6||fuji apples (peeled, and cut into 1/4 inch pieces)|
|1||orange's zest and juice|
|3 tbsp||agave nectar|
|1 1/2 cup||cranberries ((fresh or frozen))|
|1/4 cup||extra-virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup||agave nectar|
|1 tsp||pure vanilla extract|
|3 cups||quick oats|
|1/2 cup||raw walnut halves, chopped|
|1/2 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1/2 ` tsp||sea salt|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, agave, and flour. Add apples and mix well.
- In a small pot, combine the cranberries and apple juice and bring to a boil, covered. Remove from heat, let sit for 2 minutes, then separate cranberries from liquid. Add cranberries to the large bowl and mix well with other ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 by 13 inch baking dish, lightly greased with olive oil, and spread out evenly.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, agave, water, and vanilla.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and sea salt and mix well.
- Gently pour the topping evenly over the apples and cranberries.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Other signs the crisp has finished baking include liquid bubbling out the top, tenderness of apples (insert a fork to test), and a golden brown topping.
- Let crisp cool for about 10 minutes, then cut into 8 or 12 pieces and serve.