Another Tasty Recipe From
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spelt Muffins
Posted On May 21, 2019
After the rave reviews from the Whole Spelt Pumpkin Muffins created by 100 Days of Real Food - we created this variation that's a little more indulgent with the addition of chocolate chips. This recipe has also been made dairy-free!!
|2 cups||brown sugar|
|1 tsp||baking soda|
|1 1/2 tbsp||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||sea salt|
|1 can||pumpkin puree (15 oz can)|
|2/3 cup||canola oil|
|1 cup||chocolate chips (dairy free)|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two muffin pans with liners and set aside.
- Using a whisk or fork, mix together 2 cups of flour and all other dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining 2 cups of flour with the chocolate chips.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, soy milk, and oil to the spiced flour. Mix only until just blended. Add flour/chip mixture. Mix until combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin pan so it's evenly distributed. Bake until golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean. (about 20 to 22 minutes)
- Do not over cook. Store at room temperature or freeze for a rainy day.