Another Tasty Recipe From
Buckwheat Flour Biscuits
Posted On August 15, 2019
100% buckwheat flour biscuits that are both soft and fluffy!
These are soft in texture, kind of like a muffin top. You can add in other ingredients to change the flavor. Some people will add a touch of brown rice syrup, coconut oil, butter or even cheese to the muffin to add some flavor. They are easily customizable to your taste buds!
|1 1/2 tsp||baking powder|
|1/4 tsp||sea salt|
|4 tbsp||olive oil|
|2 tbsp||applesauce ((sweet potato and pumpkin will also work))|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt)
- Stir in the oil and applesauce until the picture looks 'pebbly' in appearance.
- Add in the buttermilk
- The batter will be fairly wet looking, though it will thicken as it sits.
- Using an ice cream scoop or an equal-sized utensil, dollop the dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet into ten equal biscuits.
- Bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes, until puffed.