Another Tasty Recipe From
Brown Butter Spelt Blondies
Posted On January 2, 2018
If you are looking for a special treat to make, one that's full of delicious surprises and not overly sweet, look no further than these decadent spelt flour blondies!
These blondies are made with a combination of whole spelt and white spelt flours however you can certainly easily use all of which ever one you prefer. They start with a base of brown butter which is lovely with the whole spelt flour. Then, the batter is packed full of chopped, toasted walnuts and lots of smooth chocolate chips.
Each bite is full of delicious tastes that are just waiting to delight any blondie or brownie lover!!
|1 1/2 sticks
|1 1/2 cups
|Pure vanilla extract
|Chopped, toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment or foil.
- Whisk together the spelt flours with the salt and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once it melts, keep a careful eye on it as the butter starts to foam and bubble. Once you start to see little brown bits on the bottom of the pan it is ready. Remove from heat and pour the melted butter into a large glass or metal mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment whip the eggs and vanilla together. Add in the brown sugar and whip until the eggs and sugar combine into a very light yellow and it "ribbons" nicely back into the bowl when whisk is lifted up - see example here: http://www.epicurious.com/expert-advice/fudgy-brownie-tips-recipe-article
- Fold the egg mixture into the cooled, melted butter. Then fold in the flour mixture into the eggs and butter in two batches. Keep folding until the flour is incorporated and no dry pockets of flour remain.
- Gently fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Adjust length if you prefer your blondies a little more under done or a little more well done.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.