Another Tasty Recipe From
Zucchini Pasta with Penne
Posted On February 27, 2018
|1/4 cup||Extra-virgin olive oil|
|5 to 6 medium||Zuchinni (trimmed & cut into ribbons or coins)|
|1 large||Onion (chopped)|
|2 or 3 sprigs||Thyme|
|2||Tomatoes (wedged or roughly chopped, with juice)|
|Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)|
|Parsley (freshly chopped, for garnish)|
|Salt and pepper (to taste)|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it.
- Put olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, onion, and thyme; cook and stir occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust heat so onion and zucchini release their liquid without browning.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until very tender.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid to zucchini, and raise heat a bit so mixture bubbles.
- Cook pasta until it is nearly but not quite tender. Drain pasta, and finish cooking it in sauce.
- If sauce threatens to dry out, add a little pasta cooking water.
- Serve, garnish with parsley and/or Parmesan.